Virginia Beach – Flippin’ and Floppin’
Choosin' and Swappin' Cultural Adventures
4 Days | Spring, Summer and Fall
Starting At $Flexible Pricing
Build it your way! Select engaging local activities that turn your tour or parts of it into exciting life-lessons. Build a theme within your itinerary: Culinary, Cultural, Historical, Military. Offer your travelers a few learning experiences, choose the local sites you want, enjoy the tastes of heritage foods that are different than at home.
|Choose Two or Three in Virginia Beach:
Choose Two north of the Bay Bridge:
Choose Two on the Outer Banks
Day 1 – Arrive Virginia Beach – Choice of Culinary Adventures
Arriving in Virginia Beach this afternoon, then you check into your oceanfront, boardwalk hotel for a four night stay. This evening let us organize a Culinary Adventure. Choose from a Boardwalk Food Tour, an Oyster Tasting at Rockafellers, or Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Feast at Blue Pete’s Restaurant.
Day 2 – Adventures North – Bay Bridge Tunnel – Wild Pony Cruise – NASA Visitors Center – Choose two
Today’s adventure features sights north of Virginia Beach. You first cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, this 17.6 mile bridge is an award-winning engineering marvel and is considered one of the seven man-made wonders of the world. Most of the bridge is above water, but one section actually drops below the Bay so that ships may pass through.
- Chincoteague Wild Pony Cruise. Once across the bridge if you motor north to Chincoteague Island, Virginia, you can enjoy the Chincoteague Wild Pony Cruise. Setting sail on a scenic voyage that gets you close to the wildlife and unspoiled nature of Chincoteague and Assateague Islands. Wild Ponies, Dolphins, Bald Eagles are often the highlights of this trip.
- Or, visit the NASA Wallops Flight Facility and Visitor Center it offers you a unique opportunity to explore the past, present, and future of NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility. The Visitor Center features exhibits about aeronautics, orbital and sub-orbital rockets, scientific balloons, current missions, and the history of Wallops Flight Facility. In addition to exhibits, the Visitor Center also features an auditorium, a Science on the Sphere Theater, and an observation deck. The Visitor Center also serves as the viewing site for rockets that launch from Wallops Island.
- Blue Crab Bay Co offer a nice culinary experience. Here you will find a warm welcome and a sampling room filled with dips, snacks and mixers. Blue Crab manufactures and sell Herbs & Seasonings, Grilling Sauces & Dips, Sea Salt Nuts, Sting Ray Bloody Mary Mixers, Apparel, Coastal Gift Baskets and Blue Crab Stoneware.
- Chatham Vineyards Tour & Tasting. The 400 year-old Chatham Farms offers a vineyard tour and tasting as well as a chance to talk about grapes and bottling.
Tonight, enjoy a special evening of dinner entertainment at Waterman’s Surfside Grille. After a delicious meal, the Doorway Singers perform “Liberty Call,” a musical trip back to the 1940’s, while you enjoy the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. (D)
Day 3 – Virginia Beach Options – Choose two
- Hands on at Museum of Contemporary Art. This program begins with a mind-opening museum tour regarding the influence and impact of contemporary art on our world today, followed by a hands-on workshop.
- Painting Class at Mermaid Factory inspire your creativity on a Mermaid, Shark or Sea-Turtle.
- Swingtime in the Skies is a WWII themed lunch at the Military Aviation Museum with a live musical show just for your group in the Hangar. (minimum 40 people)
- Holistic Health and Healing lesson at Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research and Enlightenment. You can discover ways to eat for a healthier lifestyle while enjoying tastes of health food that may surprise you or you could schedule a dream workshop.
- Attend a live taping of the 700 Club at the Christian Broadcasting Network.
- Holistic Health & Healing at Edgar Cayce Center. Discover ways to eat a healthier lifestyle while enjoying tastes of health food that may surprise you.
- Yoga on the Beach. Start your morning with exercise to the sound of the surf.
- Eco Images Herbalist Experience. Enjoy a class edible and medicinal plants
- Tour the Military Aviation Museum. One of the largest collections of flying WWI and WWII aircraft in the world.
- Tour U S Naval Base. Home of the US Atlantic Fleet and is the world’s largest Naval Base.
- Cape Henry Lighthouse. Climb to the top, if you wish, of America’s oldest lighthouse located at the spot where the first English Colonists landed in 1607.
- Boardwalk Bicycle Rental. Spend a few hours exploring the Boardwalk from the back of a bike.
- Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center & Dolphin Cruise. See the largest population of bottlenose dolphins on the east coast.
- Kayaking with the Dolphins is another adventure available to you.
Ending the day you visit the Mermaid Winery for a tasting and meal. (B, D)
Day 4 – Outer Banks Adventures – Choose two
After breakfast your tour makes it way to the nearby Outer Banks of NC. here we have several unique options for you to choose from as you customize your tour.
- Kitty Hawk Kite Flying Class. Your group stops at Kitty Hawk Kites where each traveler chooses their own, there are dozens of unique designs and colors and everyone should select a kite that matches their personality there are any choices between $25 – $50. Next you visit Jockey’s Ridge, in the world of kite flying this is as good as it gets … anywhere in the world. Your instructor will offer a bit of help then it’s up to your travelers to launch into the wind.
- Corolla Wild Horse Tour is an open-air Wild Horse Safari truck where with comfortable seating a naturalist guide you set off down the beach, over the dune fields and through maritime forests in search of “Banker Horses” so named for their home in the wilds on the Outer Banks.
- Lunch & Learn Tour at the Elizabethan Gardens begins with a VIP stroll down the dapple-shaded paths that lead you to enjoy a myriad of plants, antique statuary and Elizabethan-inspired landscaping elements. Your groups will enjoy a wonderful picnic lunch and if you so choose we can add-on a horticultural workshop.
Your group will have time to choose two activities before you return to Virginia Beach for a free evening on The Boardwalk. Dinner on own.
Day 5 – Departure Day
We suggest it might be fun to forgo the typical hotel breakfast and treat your group to a breakfast of Fluffy Pancakes or Waffles at the famous Pocahontas Pancake House before starting home. (B)