Reno & Lake Tahoe
With Yosemite & The Gold Fields Option
4 Days | Spring, Summer and Fall
Starting At $Flexible Pricing
This 4 day tour in Reno features Casino Hotel Lodging, two full days of great sightseeing, and three evenings filled with glitz and neon. Opt for three more days and visit Yosemite and the Gold fields.
U S Tours Flexible Pricing:
- Customizable Comps
- Commissionable or Net Rates
- Luxury or First Class Hotels & Meals
- Motorcoach Transportation & Professional Tours Managers are available
What do you want, U S Tours will be happy to structure tour prices to match your needs. Just let us know what you want.
3 Day Add on Package for Yosemite & The Goldfields available See More details below.
Day 1 – Reno,NV – Arrive in Reno, NV. Check into your Casino hotel for a three night stay. Enjoy a nice casino buffet dinner followed by a free evening for gaming.
Day 2 – Virginia City – Carson City – Mackay Mansion – Rail Ride – After breakfast this morning, you will head to Virginia City & Carson City for a taste of the west. Start with a visit to the Nevada State Museum in Carson City. Explore Nevada’s natural and cultural history. Discover a life-size Columbian Mammoth, Datsolalee American Indian baskets, ghost town, and a walk-through mine known worldwide for its authenticity. You will also see the historic Carson City Mint, featuring the original Coin Press No. 1, which stamped millions of gold and silver coins from the rich ores of the Comstock Lode.
Then visit the Nevada State Railroad Museum. It includes five steam locomotives and several restored coaches and freight cars. Most featured equipment is from the Comstock Era’s Virginia & Truckee Railroad, America’s richest and most famous short line. Next, take a narrated tour of Virginia City aboard a historic trolley.
This afternoon you will tour the Mackay Mansion. Built in 1860 by George Hearst as the headquarters of the Gould & Curry Mining Company Office and later purchased by John Mackay, one of the “Silver Kings.” Between 1860 and 1950, bars of gold bullion were sold directly from the vault. Tour highlights include mining artifacts, original furnishings, Tiffany silver, and great historical anecdotes.
Then enjoy a ride on the Virginia & Truckee Railroad, an authentic steam train from Virginia City to Gold Hill. Return to your Reno hotel this evening for dinner on own and free time for gaming.
Day 3 – Reno City Tour – Cal Neva Lodge – Lake Tahoe Dinner Cruise – Start the day with a guided tour of Reno. This tour will feature the best of Reno highlighting Millionaire’s Row, the River Walk and Kayak Adventure Park, Windy Hill and more. Then travel to Lake Tahoe for a sightseeing tour. Travel along the Seventy-Two Mile Drive circling Lake Tahoe with visits to Squaw Valley, Emerlad Bay and Rubican Point.
As the afternoon continues you visit the Cal Neva Lodge once a secret haven for Frank Sinatra and his Rat Pack. The tour includes the Indian Room, secret tunnels and the swimming pool that is half in California and half in Nevada. During your tour you will also hear about the many celebrities that stayed there during it’s heyday.
This evening, enjoy a scenic Dinner Cruise on Lake Tahoe, one of the largest and deepest alpine lakes in the world. The shores are rimmed by the High Sierras and lined with forests, resorts and summer homes. There will also be narration and live music during the cruise. Then return to Reno.
Day 4 – Depart – After breakfast, depart for home.
Three Day Add on package available for Yosemite & the Goldfields.
1. To really spice up your tour, let us add Yosemite National Park and the California Goldfields to your itinerary. You’ll be in Yosemite by Lunch. Here with a local guide, you will see the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequioa and Yosemite Valley where the walls rise more than 3200 feet about the floor and impressive waterfalls drop from the rim. Check into your hotel for at two night stay. Lodging tonight will outside the park in the foothills, where Gold was discovered in 1849.
2. Today, you will spend a full day touring in the Gold Fields. Start with a visit to Angels Camp in Calaveras County, where Mark Twain was inspired to write about his celebrated frog. Next, you will visit the 1849 Gold Mining Camp, where you can still pan for gold yourself. Then its on to Columbia State Historic Park, where you will time-travel to the 1850’s, imagining life when gold miners rubbed shoulders with business men. You will see people in period clothing conducting business just as they did 150 years ago. Then you will be enjoy a nice dinner to cap off the day.
3. After breakfast, depart for home.